Contributor writing opportunities (non-paid)
If you’re a car enthusiast and would like to share your automotive knowledge with millions of readers a year, then joining our Contributor Network may be for you. We simply ask that you commit to regularly providing fresh (100% unique), accurate content that you think fellow gear heads like you will want to read about. Write for us and you will…
- Gain considerable visibility for yourself, blog or business.
- Establish yourself as an expert and build your resume.
- Enjoy writing about something that you are passionate about.
- All contributors receive full credit for their posts with a short bio and link back to their website from their bio page.
If you are interested in being a content contributor, then please contact us.
Please read the User Content Submission Terms and Conditions before continuing.
Current Job Openings
Thank you for your interest in employment with our company. We are conveniently located in less than half of a mile from the Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater, providing easy access for students seeking employment. Due to our commitment to delivering the highest level of quality on our websites, we are focused on hiring the best. Please carefully review the information below and if you feel that you are a good fit for the position then we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Web Content Specialist, (Stillwater, Oklahoma)+
This position plays a key role in the growth of our company. We’re looking for a self-motivated website content writer with a deep passion for cars. This creative and innovative individual should be able to create more than your typical news-style blog post and can write about all types of vehicles. We need great articles that attract attention such as how to’s, opinions, reviews, top lists, various exclusive content, interviews, funny/sarcastic articles, and so on. The right candidate should possess an exciting and entertaining writing style. We need someone who’s really dedicated to quality, entertaining and informative content, rather than someone just banging out articles one after another for the paycheck. Although there will be general supervision and direction, the right person won’t need to be told what to write about each day and will stay abreast of current industry news, trends, etc. This position allows for a great deal of creative control over your content. Training will be provided for tasks requiring skills not given on the “Required Skills” section. Learn more about the position below.
- Assists in all aspects of the website content generation and management including writing articles, writing website category descriptions, creating polls, quizzes, etc (not all content will be automotive-related)
- Optimize content with current Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles
- Edit/proofread existing web content as directed and provide feedback when content is discovered that doesn’t meet company standards
- Assist in the management of the company’s photo and video inventory from finding 3rd party content, taking original photos/developing original video, editing photos in Photoshop, adding them to the site and categorizing the content appropriately
- Uses online tools to research opportunities for future content as well as analyze the effectiveness of previously created content
- Assist in data gathering and data entry as needed
- Assist with the development and management of the company’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twittter, Google Plus, Pinterest and Youtube.
- Researching – topics to add content, techniques for SEO, etc
- Completes clerical or miscellaneous duties necessary to support company operations and goals
- Works directly with the Executive Editor
- An exemplary knowledge in the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Deep automotive knowledge (doesn’t have to have mechanical knowledge per se, but familiar with most auto terms, car models, capabilities, events, etc)
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Genuine interest in writing original and creative pieces
- Strong research abilities
- Ability to time-manage, multi-task, and prioritize work in a deadline-driven environment / work queue
- Ability to learn new software or processes quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Proficiency in the basics of Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google Plus and Pinterest
- Can work well individually or as part of a team
- Ability to learn and adapt from constructive criticism
Desired Skills (not-required):
- Familiar with the WordPress CMS
- Familiar with general SEO practices
- Marketing-minded individual
- Handy with a digital camera
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere
- Google Analytics
Experience & Education:
- Relevant work experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelors Degree or working towards a degree in English, Journalism or other pertinent major
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative college level GPA
Part-time (22-39 hrs/week – depending on employee’s schedule)
At this time this position requires no travel
Some of the Benefits:
- Flexible schedule with all major holidays off and negotiable vacation time
- Very relaxed dress code (come to work in jeans and flip flops)
- Build your resume and gain tremendous experience at a respected, dynamic and growing web business
- Have a voice and make a real difference – we are a small company and recognize that your unique ideas and opinions matter
$8-$10/hr (depending on experience)